Today’s a special Thursday because it’s Matt’s birthday!! Instead of my usually weekly recap this Thinking Out Loud Thursday, here’s a recap of Matt’s 27th trip around the sun! Continue reading “Happy Birthday Matt!”
Less than two weeks until race day! Last week was the first week of my taper. I’m glad there are still two more weeks of tapering before the day. My legs don’t feel rested yet! Continue reading “Taper Week #1 (aka Training Week #16)”
I’ve been struggling to think of money-related posts lately. Probably because nothing exciting is going on with my finances at the moment.
I hit my goal of paying off $30,000 worth of student loan debt this year shortly after the end of the third quarter. While that was exciting, I’d already set another $$ target to continue to push myself to pay off more debt this year.
Then my low tire pressure light came on.
Thursday again already! Hope everyone had a great Halloween. I have to admit that I’m not the biggest fan of Halloween so we didn’t do much celebrating. Matt did by some candy in case of trick-or-treaters. The doorbell only rang once on Monday night, but by the time we answered it the kids were gone. Guess we need to be quicker next time!
- Matt and I went out for dinner on Friday to the Long Valley Pub and Brewery. We don’t eat out that often, but when we do we always end up at the same places. So this week we decided to try somewhere different. We both had sandwiches and split their beer sampler flight. It was a quick meal (and surprisingly cheap), but everything was great! Glad we decided to try somewhere new.
- Though Friday was a cheap night out, Saturday turned into an expensive day. I discovered a bulge in one of my tires and decided to replace all four. I knew I was going to need new tires in the near future anyway, but I wasn’t mentally prepared to spend the money on them yet! It hurt! But at least I should be safe commuting to work this winter.
- Matt and I started watching Designated Survivor. If you’re looking for a new show, I definitely recommend it. We watched all five episodes in two days and can’t wait for the next episode to come out! Unfortunately that’s not until next Wednesday. But that’ll give you time to catch up!
- Arthur and Annabelle have been especially cute this week. One day I found them snuggling together on our bed. And I’ve caught them grooming each other a few times. I makes me happy to see them getting along so well!
- I found a fishing game for cats in the App store, so put the iPad on the floor for them to play. Both Arthur and Annabelle got really into it!
Last week was the final high mileage week of training – now it’s time to taper! Thank God. My legs are more than ready for a little break. Though there are still 26 miles to get in this week. Continue reading “Marathon Training Week #15 & Knee Issues”
Uh oh. Another week where I haven’t taken any pictures… I love these Thinking Out Loud posts because I can write about anything, but they’re definitely difficult when I have no picture to remind myself of what’s been going on this week!
Week #14 of marathon training was one of the hardest weeks for me so far. Even though it was supposed to be a step back week between the two toughest weeks of training. At least the fall foliage gave me something pretty to look at while running! Continue reading “Philadelphia Marathon Training Week #14”
These peak weeks of marathon training are no joke. 35 miles total for training week #13 – three 5 mile runs and the big 20 mile run on Sunday. It was painful. Continue reading “20 miles is a REALLY long way”
Happy Thinking Out Loud Thursday! Warning: this post contains mainly cat pictures. Continue reading “A Week of Cat Pictures”